on purchases over $50
on purchases over $65
on purchases over $80
If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact us. Click the button below.Speak to us
In this unit, the students will explore aspects of Christmas celebrations. They will read a nativity story such as “The story of Christmas” by Jane Ray and identify the birth of Jesus as the reason why we celebrate Christmas. They will create a painted wall story based on the book and will mime the story to a dramatic reading of the text. The students will bring in photos from a previous Christmas celebration and will share some of their experiences. They will take a questionnaire home to investigate various aspects of their families’ Christmas celebration. They will use this information to:
· investigate symbols associated with Christmas and decorate a Christmas tree.
· investigate where Christmas is celebrated and paint a picture.
· investigate who they celebrate Christmas with and create a photo album.
· investigate music which is sung at Christmas and learn and perform a Christmas carol.
· investigate food eaten at Christmas and write and make a cheese star shaped Christmas sandwich
· investigate why we give gifts at Christmas and make a gift for a family member.· investigate special family traditions and create a sequence of pictures describing this.